Friday 15 July 2011

Website

When I arrived at my new job in Italy I was given the task of rebranding the company. I made a policy decision, within about 30 minutes of realizing how massive an undertaking that was within confines of language barriers and several other major factors, that the best thing to do was to take the branding they had, not do much with it and make a clean and effective website inside a few days to get a presence online.

This idea gave me the chance to go back to basics and work with the branding and site layout from the ground up and really get down to the nitty gritty of the browsing in 2 languages.

This was a fairly straight forward site layout, a few little bits of Javascript (slideshow of work and date/time), but nothing majorly complicated.

The interesting thing is that I had to build a mirror site in Italian and English, which created a few translation issues as good English and good Italian do not translate well. There may be a boring blog of this somewhere somewhen...

The site:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A random bunch of screen caps, nothing to complicated.

I would love to link you to the actual site, but it is down now and has been replaced with the real site!

More to come.
Michael

Link
Larger Versions

No comments: