Saturday 20 December 2008

Stencil!

As I said, I fancied trying the stencil thing again, I did!

First off, I thought about designing a logo or something, but then I decided to go with something I've already done just for the sake of making my life a bit easier! Next time, Ill start from scratch.

Seeing as I was working with stencils and spray paint, the logo I designed for Chains of Hate sprang to mind, mainly because it has a spray paint(ish) background and block text.

Reminder...

Photobucket

So first things first as I was only planning this to be 2 colours (learning curve going on here) I had to simplify the text as my starting point...

Photobucket

Test print and acetate version

Photobucket

Down in print, now its time to get working...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now I am the first to admit faults if I think it will help someone not make them. So, the logo was a little complicated and at point there wasn't enough linking parts, so there had to be a few modications on the fly, just so it stood a chance of working properly (it would have flapped around everywhere and the lines would have been terrible).

Quick test...

Photobucket

I think this looks rather cool...

Photobucket

Next problem, over spray and trying to spray whilst holding a flimsy sheet of acetate! So...

Photobucket

Thank you Christmas presents arriving all at once giving me a big box! Recycling is important people!

I had a thought, the paint might get into the gaps in the card and it could do with strengthening, cue lots of tape!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ready for a test!

Photobucket

The next stage I am going to say: This is slightly illegal, if you do it somewhere you are not allowed to, so I would strongly recommend not doing it!

I finished work at 2.30am, ideal time to be out i thought!

Test one...

Photobucket

Test two...

Photobucket

Then I thought I'd go back and have a look in the day time...

One...

Photobucket

Two...

Photobucket

Not bad for a first try me thinks! A bit of practice and this could look awesome! I'm going to a gig monday with Chains of Hate, I am officially tempted to take fabric paint and my airbrush kit, and spray anyone in a plain shirt with one of these bad boys!

Quick thought, before and after...

Photobucket

With a few more practices, I reckon I could nail this. I'll probably add to this one as I try again!

Merry Christmas!
Defy

No comments: