Thursday 15 July 2010

Symbol

I recently had an interview, and for the interview I was asked to design a symbol for a fire hazard. I haven't thought about symbols and signs in a while, but it was nice to find a positive use for part of the focus of my masters dissertation!

This is one of those random little things that I did, that I wanted to share as I enjoyed making it, even if I didn't get the job.

I chose to do it in orange for a few reasons. Red is generally a warning colour and black stands out the most on yellow. The problem is yellow has become a standard for information signs so the hybrid of red and yellow is...



Trying it on grey, as I wanted to see what it looked like.



And finally just black and white.



From a technical standpoint, using the halftoning on the flame instead of a gradient, who make this a easier/cheaper to print or lower memory usage if it was online.

Sweet.
Michael

Link
Larger Version

No comments: