Tuesday 4 May 2010

It's amazing what Photoshop can do...

..with a little know how and a bright idea!

I get bored sometimes, more to the point I get a little distracted when I should probably be working...(Frazer, if you are reading this, expect an email soon)

I did a bit of generic stock hunting for a logo I'm working on right now, I wanted the buildings for a texture, but got a little distracted when I started playing with the levels.

Photobucket

So here we go folks generico stock imagio. Just a city skyline, nothing special.

This is almost a half assed tutorial, but tweak your levels, turn reds up, greens down, blues up, then just play some more. I noticed an almost complete change to the feel of the image, it felt different, it was warmer, more worn looking, the colours were washed out, I liked it more already.

I thought to myself this isn't enough, so added these...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

all of these image layers were changed to overlay and then opacity jerked down to around the 30% mark.

And you are left with...

Photobucket

Which is far easier on the eyes don't you think?

NB: Some of these images are mine, some are from stock sites, some are from CD's from mags, I doubt anyone will notice or mind that I have uploaded them to my photobucket, however if you do have a problem, tell me and POOF they will be gone.

Time to send some emails....
Michael

Link
Larger Versions

No comments: