Sunday 19 September 2010

My band's EP!

Well, the best time to get creative is on your own time, for your own stuff, and this was one for me.

My band needed to get our songs out there, and we were looking for an affordable and interesting way to do so, I started looking around the net for packaging that was a little out of the ordinary.

After a little bit of digging around I found a company who make card CD wallets similar to 7" wallets, and then the CD on body seemed perfectly logical, it had to look like a classic 7" from the heyday of its medium. I know there are vinyl effect CD's in the world, but with a one colour on body print on the disc, I was certain I would achieve more. So inexpensive CD wallet, inexpensive disc all equals win win!

Meet the onbody artwork:

Photobucket

For all you nerds out there, it is based loosely on a Capitol Records 7".

And here is how the finished product looks...

Photobucket

This is one of those jobs that prove you don't need to spend a fortune to get something awesome looking! If you want one, good luck, there is only 100, and we don't have online sales, so come to a show!

Woo!
Michael

Link
The Modern Farewell Myspace

No comments: