Sunday 31 May 2009

Music Ramblings 1

I have 3 things in my life, design, music and food (there's a girlfriend in there somewhere). I can not live without out them, it's true. I am a complete hound for new tunes, or atleast new tunes to me (I've been on a blues bender recently, some of those guys have been dead for 30 years, so it's hardly "new" music, I digress), so I have decided to expand this blog into other random things that cross my path and I think are of some interest.

I was working on the layout change, (nice huh?) and my girlfriend shouted "Come down here now, there is an amazing band on Jools Holland!" I get down stairs to be greeted by a brass band. I have a bit of a soft spot for this new breed of hip hop/funk inspired brass bands (Youngblood Brass Band and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band are fine examples), they just blow my mind!

The brass band I am going to recommend now are:

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble.



That is an awesome video!



The live videos are truly something special aswell.

These guys have some serious soul, end of.

Happy Listening.
Michael

Links
Hypnotic Brass Band
Youngblood Brass Band
Dirty Dozen Brass Band

No comments: